Marriage is like a long sea journey. There are times of smooth sailing and on board festivities, but also times when the tempest hits and we cling on for dear life.
Join us at the Kiama Couples Getaway to scrape off the barnacles, stock up on provisions and enjoy a great adventure along the way.
Kiama Couples Getaway takes place at Heather and John’s home on:
- Saturday 21st September 2019 – 10am to 6pm, and
- Sunday 22nd September 2019 – 9am to 4pm
- Keeping Connected
- Making up… the art of Apologies and Forgiveness
- Creative use of Conflict
- Keeping Love and Romance alive
- Deepening Intimacy and Having Fun
- Leaping Marriage Hurdles…Challenges that Change
- Being Intentional… creating the marriage you want …And any other topic of participants’ choosing!
* A delicious lunch, morning and afternoon tea and drinks on both days
* A comprehensive handbook
* Connection with other like-minded couples for friendship and learning
* A chance to enjoy a beach or bushwalk in your free time and organise your own romantic dinner on the Saturday night, with a ready supply of Kiama Restaurants.
What others have said about the Getaway:
“Each session lead us to talk at depth with one another. It was great to be able to do that without needing a catastrophe to push us into it.”
“I wasn’t sure about coming to this, but John and Heather soon had me relaxed and laughing and learning stuff I’d never heard before.”
“Heather and John are practical and personal, insightful and sensitive to the group’s needs. They are humorous and very engaging presenters.”
Facilitators: Heather and John McAlpine
Heather and John are the Trainer Couple and Chair Couple for Better Marriages Australia, and together they have been leading Marriage Getaways in Australia, Uganda, South Africa, India, and Sri Lanka for over 30 years.
John is a G.P. at Gerringong with a Masters in General Practice Psychiatry and a special interest in training junior Doctors.
Heather is a co-author of an International No 1 bestseller, ‘Elevate Your Wellbeing’. She is a Relationship Therapist and Supervisor in private practice and is also a published co-author. She is the recipient of a Churchill Fellowship and a highly regarded speaker and consultant. Heather and John’s joint passion is to grow and strengthen relationships.
They have experienced the benefit of Marriage Enrichment in their own marriage of 38 years and are passionate about sowing the seeds of persistence, resilience, and joy, to empower marriages through the generations.
Spaces fill fast. Grab yours now!